|Photo from Better Homes and Garden Magazine|
Fall-inspired decor encompasses both color and texture. The poppy red and burnt orange accents in this living room enhance the space’s neutral oeuvre, which shows itself in grass cloth-covered walls, linen-covered furniture, and a wicker rocking chair.
There is also an article by Deborah Witrupp, entitled "Decorating with Orange" - with some very useful tips that make this a go-to color. The article and photos are inspiring and very fresh. In a nutshell, here are a few of her recommendations:
Let the hues of fall inspire your decor. The bright reds, golden yellows, and vibrant oranges can be mixed and matched with evergreen colors, such as blues, greens, or neutrals, to create a cozy and comfortable look that carries panache year-round.
- · Combine with natural colors and textures such as grass-cloth covered walls and linen covered furniture.
- · Offer a cool counterpoint such as a large-scale blue or green rug.
- · Use warm off-white walls as a clean backdrop.
- · Use only a sprinkle of orange in a room with lots of textures.
- · Use analogous color palette of warm hues (e.g., solid yellow, yellow-on-white) to balance a bold orange.
- · Use neutral room colors to allow the brighter colors to take center stage.
- · Use black and white or brown as a neutral counterpoint to rich orange.
|Orange Polka-dot Dorothy Chair|